Address: 31 W. Ohio
Instituto Cervantes is a worldwide non-profit organization created by the Spanish government in 1991. It is the largest organization in the world concerned with the teaching of Spanish, and it maintains a presence in over twenty different countries throughout 54 centers devoted to the Spanish and Hispanic American culture and Spanish Language. The mission of Instituto Cervantes is to promote the teaching, study, and use of Spanish as a second language and to contribute to the advancement of the Spanish and Hispanic American cultures throughout non-Spanish speaking countries. The Instituto also:
- Organizes the DELE (Spanish as a Foreign Language Exams).
- Issues official Spanish Language Certificates and Diplomas to our students.
- Organizes Spanish courses: general, skills, enrichment, specific purposes, for corporations, etc
- Offers professional development classes for teachers of Spanish.
- Supports Spanish Language and Culture researchers.
- Promotes cultural activities and events together with other organizations. Our mission is carried out by experts from Spain and the Spanish speaking world. In Chicago we cooperate with different institutions from Illinois, Spain and Latina America.